Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract The Emile Chourré and Chourré Family Papers is comprised of documents and scrapbooks, photographic prints and photograph albums, and assorted ephemera primarily pertaining to the life and military career of Lieutenant Commander Emile Chourré (1894-1938). Major topics include Chourré's military service, especially while stationed in Coco Solo, Panama; his service as a U.S. Naval announcer for the 1929-1931 and 1933-1934 National Air Races; and family (immediate and extended) photographs.
Collection — Box: one
Content Description The Rolfe W. Eckmann Naval Aviation Collection consists of textual and visual materials that document Eckmann's service with the U.S. Navy and Naval Station Puget Sound in Washington, commonly known as Sand Point, with materials ranging from the 1940s through 2010s.Eckmann's career as a U.S. Naval transport pilot is represented with four logbooks dating from 1942-1967. A few documents originally enclosed in the logs include a memo designating Eckmann as a Transport Plane Commander, a...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The William P. and Wendy B. Lawrence Collection is a small collection consisting of photographs related to Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence's Navy career dating from about 1932-1959 and a document read in space by Wendy Lawrence on Space Shuttle Mission STS-114 in 2005.The photographs from Vice Admiral Lawrence's military service are all black-and-white prints of official U.S. Navy photographs, most dated 1958-1959. Most were taken by Light Photographic Squadron 62 (VFP-62)....
Abstract Two photograph albums containing images of the Monks family and William Monks's World War I service in the U.S. Navy.
Abstract Carlyle Emerson Roy (b. 1890) served as a photographer at Key West Naval Air Station, Florida, during World War I. The collection contains an album of photographs and ephemera depicting U.S. Naval activities at the station.
Collection — Folder: 1
Content Description The Philip A. Schaack World War II Collection a is a small collection of documents and photographs related to Schaack's service as a U.S. Navy pilot during World War II. The collection includes eight black-and-white 4x5” photos taken by Schaack documenting the landing sequence of the Vought OS2U Kingfisher alongside the U.S.S. Cincinnati and being hosited on board. One small photo is a portrait of Schaack in uniform and one photo is a group portrait of an unidentified squadron including...
Contents of the Collection The Fred Woods World War II Collection is comprised of photographic prints, negatives, a photograph album, and a small number of documents that relate to the World War II experience of United States Navy pilot Fred Woods. The collection has been arranged into two series, visual materials and textual materials. Visual materials, which are the bulk of the collection, include 26 loose black-and-white photographic prints and 27 negatives. Sizes vary from 3x5" to 8x10" and very...
- Subject: Naval aviation X
- Akron (Airship) 1
- Arkansas (Battleship) 1
- Chourre (ARV-1) 1
- Chourré, Catherine (Davis), 1894-1985 1
- Chourré, Ceci 1
- Chourré, Clinton Emile, 1963- 1
- Chourré, Emile, 1894-1938 1
- Chourré, Jack Mausegne, 1930-2014 1
- Chourré, Jeanne Louise, 1921-2013 1
- Chourré, Karen Jean (Condon) 1
- Cincinnati (Cruiser) 1
- Columbia (Spacecraft) 1
- Davis, Carrie (Cornell), 1866-1958 1
- Davis, Jefferson Lee, 1862-1939 1
- Eckmann, Rolfe William, 1920-2018 1
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Lawrence, Wendy, 1959- 1
- Lawrence, William P. 1
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974 1
- Monks family 1
- Monks, William 1
- National Championship Air Races 1
- Naval Air Station Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Naval Air Station Pensacola (Fla.) 1
- Naval Postgraduate School (U.S.) 1
- Naval Station Puget Sound (Wash.) 1
- Ohio (Ship) 1
- Roy, C. E. (Carlyle Emerson) 1
- Schaack, Philip A., 1921-2017 1
- Shenandoah (Airship) 1
- Squantum Naval Air Station (Mass.) 1
- Ticonderoga (Antisubmarine warfare support aircraft carrier) 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- United States. Navy. Fighter Squadron 11 1
- United States. Navy. Fighter Squadron, 1st 1
- United States. Navy. Fighter Squadron, 3rd 1
- United States. Navy. Fighting Squadron 6 1
- Woods, Fred, 1921-1986 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request