Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The Daniel Abramson Korean War Photograph Album consists of one album with snapshots documenting Abramson's service in the United States Air Force during the Korean War.The album has a teal cover with a Chinese or Japanese style dragon plate on the front cover, presumably purchased during his time abroad in service. It measures approximately 9x12x1.5 inches and has black paper pages. Inside there are 143 black-and-white photographs, each about 3.5x4.5 inches, affixed with album...
Contents of the Collection The collection is comprised of primarily textual materials with a small amount of photographs that are related to Dorothy (Jesseman) Allen and Carol (Prentice) Gounaris who worked for the Flying Tiger Line as flight attendants, 1960-1964. The collection has been sorted into two series.Series I, Dorothy Allen materials, is the bulk of the collection. It includes Flying Tiger employee documentation in the form of a 1962 flight attendant seniority list, cholera vaccination certificate,...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Contents of the Collection The collection relates to the World War II experience of 1st Lieutenant John D. Carroll, who served as a flight navigator and bombadier. It includes aeronautical charts for Hong Kong and Hungtze, China and Osaka and Choshi, Japan as well as a small amount of newspaper clippings related to World War II. Also present are photographs depicting military operations, such as reconnaissance and aerial bombardment, and aircraft, predominantly the B-29. The B-29 is featured in formation flight, dropping...
Overview Robert Franklin Hardin served in the U.S. Army as a Tech 5 during World War II. His collection consists of 158 black-and-white photographs providing detailed visual documentation of the proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East which took place in Tokyo, Japan in 1946-1948.
Collection — Folder: 1
Contents of the Collection This small collection is comprised of United Press war correspondent Mac R. Johnson's teletype firsthand account as an observer onboard the B-29 aircraft "Little Gem" for a combat mission on November 24, 1944. The mission described in the teletype is the United States Air Force's first B-29 air raid on Tokyo. Johnson wrote a dramatic and detailed description of events onboard as the squadron performed a high altitude bombing over the target, the Nakajima Aircraft Factory. The teletype...
Abstract Bruce Mennella (b. 1946) served during the Vietnam War from 1969-1972 as an Air Intelligence Officer for U.S. Navy Fighter Squadron 114 (VF-114). The collection contains photographs and a small amount of ephemera documenting his military service.
Abstract Jerry Michaud (1924-1982) Michaud served in the United States Navy during World War II as a Naval pilot in the Pacific Theater. Thelma McGraw (1920-1996) She worked as a stewardess with United Airlines (UAL). The collection contains textual materials, black-and-white photographs, and ephemera associated with their 1942-1952 naval and commercial airline careers, respectively.
Abstract Native Washingtonians Murray Stuart (1909-1960), and Noel Rae (b. 1909), married in 1929 and were both pilots. The collection contains clippings, photographs, correspondence, business records, and certificates relating to both their flight careers and personal lives.
Abstract Lt. Col. James C. Stewart (1919-2004) was born in Corona, California. He joined the Army Air Force, graduated from flying school in August 1940, and was assigned to the 56th Fighter Group which was stationed in England during World War II. The collection primarily covers Lt. Col. Stewart's 1943-1966 military service with military records, personal documents, photographs, clippings, assorted ephemera, and films.
Abstract Archival materials relating to the missions of the United States Army Air Forces 498th Bombardment Group in 1944-45. The Museum of Flight's Boeing B-29 Superfortress was of this group and material in this collection reflect the activities of the aircraft during that time period. Many of the charts are annotated for specific missions and some contain identified targets.
- Subject: Tokyo (Japan) X
- United States. Air Force 3
- United States. Army Air Forces 2
- Allen, Dorothy (Jesseman), 1939- 1
- Ambramson, Daniel, 1932-2012 1
- American Fighter Aces Association 1
- Auton, Jesse D. 1
- Capitol International Airways 1
- Carroll, John D. 1
- Comstock, Harold E. 1
- Conger, Paul A. 1
- Cruz, Joe 1
- Doolittle, James Harold, 1896-1993 1
- Farnborough International Airshow 1
- Flying Tiger Line 1
- Gounaris, Carol (Prentice), 1939- 1
- Grand Central Air Terminal (Glendale, Calif.) 1
- Great Britain. Women's Auxiliary Air Force 1
- Hardin, Robert F., 1926-1965 1
- Hughes, Bob 1
- International Military Tribunal for the Far East 1
- Johnson, Mac R., 1914-1984 1
- Kelly Field (Tex.) 1
- Kitty Hawk (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Langley Field (Va.) 1
- MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964 1
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (Calif.) 1
- McCabe, Mike 1
- Mennella, Bruce E., 1946- 1
- Mennella, Louise A. (Vacca) 1
- Michaud, Desiree "Jerry" Clifford, 1924-1982 1
- Michaud, Thelma Irene (McGraw), 1920-1996 1
- Missouri (Battleship : BB-63) 1
- Morelli, Gigi 1
- Nimitz, Chester W. (Chester William), 1885-1966 1
- Pacific Alaska Airways 1
- Pan American World Airways, Inc 1
- Pettigrew, Pete 1
- Pizten, John R., 1934-1972 1
- Rae, Noel 1
- Republic of China Air Force 1
- Schilling, David C., 1918-1956 1
- Soviet Union. Voenno-Vozdushnye Sily 1
- Spaatz, Carl, 1891-1974 1
- Stewart, James Clarence, 1919-2004 1
- Stoll, Pete 1
- Stuart, Murray H. 1
- Taylor, James H., Jr. 1
- U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Association 1
- United Airlines 1
- United States. Air Force. Air Rescue Service 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 20th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group, 498th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Command, 8th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 56th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 61st 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 62nd 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 63rd 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Naval Flight Demonstration Squadron 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy. Fighting Squadron VF-114 1
- Women in the Air Force (U.S.) 1
- Zemke, Hub, 1914- 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request