Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract The collection contains a program for an air show honoring servicemen who died during World War I.
Abstract Hamilton "Ham" Coolidge (1895-1918) was one of many young men from wealthy New England families who enlisted during World War I. The collection contains materials related to Captain Coolidge's service a pilot with the U.S. Army Air Service 94th Aero Squadron. Coolidge achieved Ace status, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, and was killed in action.
Abstract Charles Wallace Drew (1896-1979) served as a pilot with the U.S. Army Air Service during World War I, and later worked as an airport engineer. The collection contains correspondence, photographs, clippings, and other materials relating to Drew's wartime experience.
Abstract Ray (1894-1969) and Leonard (1888-1971) Grimshaw were brothers who served as mechanics during World War I. The collection contains correspondence, military documents, photographs, clippings, newspapers, a diary, and booklets primarily relating to the military service of Ray M. Grimshaw but also includes a small selection of correspondence from his brother, Leonard.
Abstract Harold E. Hartney (1888-1945) rose through the ranks of the Canadian Army to become the Commander of the U.S. Air Service's 27th Aero Squadron in France during World War I. Credited as an ace and recipient of numerous military awards, after the war Hartney went on to train military pilots, advise on air safety, and serve again in World War II. The collection contains photographs, correspondence, clippings, and paper ephemera relating to Hartney's World War and interwar careers, as well as some...
Abstract The collection contains four photographs of fighter pilots who served during World War I and one photograph of a Fokker Dr.I Triplane (F.I).
Abstract Wilbur D. Kennedy, 1893-1943, was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and served as a pilot in the 12th Aero Squadron during World War I. Collection contains photographs, correspondence, military records, and other assorted materials relating to his World War I service.
Abstract Harold A. McGinnis (1893-1986) served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps, Aviation Section as a pilot during World War I and remained in the military until his retirement in 1948. The collection contains pilot log books relating to World War I and photographs relating to World War I and pre-World War II era military aircraft.
Abstract The Irwin Bryan Meyers Photograph Album is comprised of a photograph album and accompanying typescript document relating to Meyers' service as an airplane mechanic and the activities of the 88th Aero Squadron during and after World War I.
Abstract Sidney Van Wyck Peters of Seattle, Washington served with the U.S. Army Air Service, 24th Aero Squadron during World War I. The collection contains a scrapbook album containing photographs and paper ephemera related to his service overseas.
- Subject: SPAD XIII (S.13) X
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 8
- Rickenbacker, Eddie, 1890-1973 4
- Luke, Frank 3
- United States. Army. Air Service 3
- Hartney, Harold Evans 2
- Orly Air Base (Paris, France) 2
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 27th 2
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 94th 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Baker, Newton Diehl 1
- Bishop, William Avery, 1894-1956 1
- Bolling Air Force Base (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Campbell, Douglas, 1896-1990 1
- Canada. Canadian Army. Canadian Expeditionary Force 1
- Chambers, Reed M., 1895-1972 1
- Chanute Air Force Base (Ill.) 1
- Coolidge, Hamilton, 1895-1918 1
- DeMille Field (Hollywood, Calif.) 1
- Drew, Charles Wallace, 1896-1979 1
- France. Armée. Aéronautique militaire 1
- Gladish, David 1
- Great Britain. Royal Flying Corps 1
- Grimshaw, Leonard H. 1
- Grimshaw, Ray M. 1
- Hartney, Harold E., Jr. 1
- Hickam, Horace 1
- James, William E. 1
- Kelly Field (Tex.) 1
- Kennedy, Carmelite (Miller) 1
- Kennedy, Wilbur D. 1
- Langley Field (Va.) 1
- Lufbery, Raoul Gervais 1
- McGinnis, Harold A. 1
- Meissner, James A. 1
- Meyers, Irwin Bryan 1
- Mitchell, William (Billy) 1
- National Aeronautic Committee, Los Angeles Branch 1
- Pershing, John J. (John Joseph) 1
- Peters, Sidney Van Wyck, Sr., d. 1973 1
- Roosevelt, Quentin, 1897-1918 1
- Sommerhauser, Herman J. 1
- Sproull, Edward I. 1
- Taylor, Edgar 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 12th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 13th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 24th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 650th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 88th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 95th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Pursuit Group, 1st 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces. Services of Supply 1
- United States. Civil Aeronautics Administration 1
- Wehner, Joseph Fritz 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request