Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abraham J. Artig World War II Collection
Overview The A.J. Artig World War II Collection relates to A.J. Artig's service in the Army Air Corps as a B-26 Marauder pilot.
Clarence A. Borley U.S. Naval Aviation Collection
Abstract Clarence A. Borley (1924-2019) was a U.S. Navy fighter pilot and ace. The collection documents Borley's 36-year military career as a pilot and fighter ace in the U.S. Navy and consists of textual, visual and audiovisual materials and primarily dates from 1942 to 1968, with some later dates and a small amount of personal materials.
Herman Butler Collection
Abstract Herman Butler, originally of Belleville, Washington, served as a pilot during World War I and after with the U.S.A. School of Aerial Photography at Langley Field. The collection contains materials relating to the Butler's wartime and postwar service.
G. W. Charters Notebooks
Abstract The G. W. Charters Notebooks are comprised of three notebooks containing training notes of a World War I Army pilot.
Hamilton Coolidge World War I Collection
Abstract Hamilton "Ham" Coolidge (1895-1918) was one of many young men from wealthy New England families who enlisted during World War I. The collection contains materials related to Captain Coolidge's service a pilot with the U.S. Army Air Service 94th Aero Squadron. Coolidge achieved Ace status, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, and was killed in action.
G. H. Frohn World War I Notebook
Abstract Godfrey H. Frohn of Lincoln, Nebraska trained with the U.S. Army Air Service, 32nd Aero Squadron and served overseas with the 341st Aero Squadron during World War I. The collection contains a notebook documenting his studies during training.
Colin Hunter Collection of U.S.A. Aerial Photography School Photograph Albums
Abstract The collection contains visual materials relating primarily to the U.S.A. Aerial Photography School in Rochester, New York during World War I.
J. V. and Harley Hyde Collection
Abstract Jules Verne (J. V.) Hyde (1889-1953) and Harley Hyde (1892-1919) were brothers who served in World War I as flight instructors. The collection contains documents, clippings, and photographs relating to J. V. Hyde's military service during World War I, his post-war work as the first manager of Boeing Field, and later work at Boeing as an inspector. The collection also includes documents, clippings, and photographs about his brother Harley's World War I service and death due to an airplane...
Wilbur D. Kennedy Collection
Abstract Wilbur D. Kennedy, 1893-1943, was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and served as a pilot in the 12th Aero Squadron during World War I. Collection contains photographs, correspondence, military records, and other assorted materials relating to his World War I service.
Julius Christian Harland Knauss Collection
Abstract Julius Christian Harland Knauss (1898-1986) served in the U.S. Navy during World War I at the Seattle (Wash.) Naval Training Camp. The collection contains material relating to the camp.
- Subject: Military education X
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 6
- United States. Army. Air Service 4
- United States. Army Air Corps. U.S.A. School of Aerial Photography 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Althaus, J. K. von 1
- American Railway Express Agency 1
- Artig, Abraham J., 1922-2010 1
- Boeing 1
- Butler, Herman, 1899-1924 1
- Campbell, Douglas, 1896-1990 1
- Charters, G. W. (George William), circa 1889-1974 1
- Coolidge, Hamilton, 1895-1918 1
- Dallas Love Field 1
- France. Armée. Aéronautique militaire 1
- Frohn, Godfrey H. 1
- Hyde, Harley Clifton 1
- Hyde, Jules Verne 1
- Kennedy, Carmelite (Miller) 1
- Kennedy, Wilbur D. 1
- King County International Airport 1
- Knauss, Julius Christian Harland 1
- Lagen, Marc Aloysius 1
- Langley Field (Va.) 1
- Marsalis, Frances Harrell, d. 1934 1
- Patterson, Alissia 1
- Patterson, Joseph Medill, 1879-1946 1
- Rickenbacker, Eddie, 1890-1973 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Roosevelt, Quentin, 1897-1918 1
- Sproull, Edward I. 1
- The Austin Company 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bomb Group, 394th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 12th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 135th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 32nd 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 341st 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 94th 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces. Services of Supply 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Naval Reserve 1
- United States. Naval Training Camp (Seattle, Wash.) 1
- University of Washington 1
- West Coast Air Transport 1
- Williams, Roger Q. 1
- Wilson, J. M. 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request