Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Overview The A.J. Artig World War II Collection relates to A.J. Artig's service in the Army Air Corps as a B-26 Marauder pilot.
Abstract Herman Butler, originally of Belleville, Washington, served as a pilot during World War I and after with the U.S.A. School of Aerial Photography at Langley Field. The collection contains materials relating to the Butler's wartime and postwar service.
Abstract The G. W. Charters Notebooks are comprised of three notebooks containing training notes of a World War I Army pilot.
Abstract Hamilton "Ham" Coolidge (1895-1918) was one of many young men from wealthy New England families who enlisted during World War I. The collection contains materials related to Captain Coolidge's service a pilot with the U.S. Army Air Service 94th Aero Squadron. Coolidge achieved Ace status, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, and was killed in action.
Abstract Godfrey H. Frohn of Lincoln, Nebraska trained with the U.S. Army Air Service, 32nd Aero Squadron and served overseas with the 341st Aero Squadron during World War I. The collection contains a notebook documenting his studies during training.
Abstract The collection contains visual materials relating primarily to the U.S.A. Aerial Photography School in Rochester, New York during World War I.
Abstract Jules Verne (J. V.) Hyde (1889-1953) and Harley Hyde (1892-1919) were brothers who served in World War I as flight instructors. The collection contains documents, clippings, and photographs relating to J. V. Hyde's military service during World War I, his post-war work as the first manager of Boeing Field, and later work at Boeing as an inspector. The collection also includes documents, clippings, and photographs about his brother Harley's World War I service and death due to an airplane...
Abstract Wilbur D. Kennedy, 1893-1943, was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and served as a pilot in the 12th Aero Squadron during World War I. Collection contains photographs, correspondence, military records, and other assorted materials relating to his World War I service.
Abstract Julius Christian Harland Knauss (1898-1986) served in the U.S. Navy during World War I at the Seattle (Wash.) Naval Training Camp. The collection contains material relating to the camp.
Abstract Marc Aloysius Lagen (1882-1946), originally from Dubuque, Iowa, was a theatrical manager who served as Captain in the Balloon Section of the U.S. Army Air Service during World War I. The collection contains documents, photographs, correspondence, and ephemera relating to his World War I career.
- Subject: Military education X
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 6
- United States. Army. Air Service 4
- United States. Army Air Corps. U.S.A. School of Aerial Photography 2
- Althaus, J. K. von 1
- American Railway Express Agency 1
- Artig, Abraham J., 1922-2010 1
- Boeing 1
- Brooks Air Force Base (Tex.) 1
- Butler, Herman, 1899-1924 1
- Campbell, Douglas, 1896-1990 1
- Charters, G. W. (George William), circa 1889-1974 1
- Coolidge, Hamilton, 1895-1918 1
- Dallas Love Field 1
- France. Armée. Aéronautique militaire 1
- Frohn, Godfrey H. 1
- Hyde, Harley Clifton 1
- Hyde, Jules Verne 1
- Kennedy, Carmelite (Miller) 1
- Kennedy, Wilbur D. 1
- King County International Airport 1
- Knauss, Julius Christian Harland 1
- Lagen, Marc Aloysius 1
- Langley Field (Va.) 1
- Marsalis, Frances Harrell, d. 1934 1
- Patterson, Alissia 1
- Patterson, Joseph Medill 1
- Rickenbacker, Eddie, 1890-1973 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Roosevelt, Quentin, 1897-1918 1
- Sproull, Edward I. 1
- The Austin Company 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bomb Group, 394th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 12th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 135th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 32nd 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 341st 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 94th 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces. Services of Supply 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Naval Training Camp (Seattle, Wash.) 1
- United States. Navy 1
- University of Washington 1
- West Coast Air Transport 1
- Williams, Roger Q. 1
- Wilson, J. M. 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request