Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Boeing PW-9 (Model 15) Blueprints
Collection — oversize: folder
Content Description The Boeing PW-9 (Model 15) Blueprints is a small collection consisting of 22 sheets of blueprint diagrams of various portions of the Boeing Model 15, also known as the PW-9, used by the U.S. Army Air Service in the 1920s and early 1930s. The sheets are stamped January 26, 1926. The sheets are labeled: assembly and installation, flight control board assembly, instruments cowl assembly, lower sta. #3 to #5 cowling assembly, PW-9...
Boeing SST cutaway drawings
Collection — oversize: folder
Content Description The Boeing SST cutaway drawings collection is a small collection consisting of cutaway drawings of the unrealized Boeing SST. There are three copies each of two drawings, one showing an overhead view of the aircraft and one showing an underside view. The largest are blueline drawings measuring about 36.5x13 incches, and there are two smaller photocopied versions of each.
Walter E. Burnham Collection
Content Description The Walter E. Burnham Collection consists of personal and professional papers of Burnham, who was Manager of Manufacturing Research at the Boeing Company, Wichita Division in the 1950s and 1960s. The collection is organized into two series: Personal and Professional. The personal series includes a small amount of correspondence but primarily consists of documents relating to his education and work in aeronautical engineering at Tri-State College in Angola, Indiana in the early...
Raymond P. Craig Collection of Vought A-7 Corsair II technical drawings
Collection — Box: One
Contents of the Collection The collection is comprised of two very large technical drawings of a Vought A-7 Corsair II, also known as LTV A-7 Corsair II. The drawings were sent to United States Navy Lieutenant Commander Raymond P. Craig while he was in U. S. Navy Post Graduate School from the Vought Corporation on July 21, 1982. The original paper mailing tube was discarded due to condition, however, photocopies of the address label and postmark were created and are retained to preserve context. Both drawings are...
Walter Herlofson World War I Navy Collection
Abstract The collection contains photographs, blueprints, and religious materials relating to the naval service of Norwegian-American Walter Edwin Herlofson (1896-1975) during World War I. Herlofson, originally of Minnesota, later relocated with his family to Puyallup, Washington.
S. E. Hutton Collection of Caproni Materials
Abstract Sergeant Sol E. Hutton served with the U.S. Army Air Service in Italy during World War I, where he worked with Caproni on aircraft construction. The collection contains items related to the U.S. Air Service program to build Caproni Ca.44 (Military Ca.5, Ca.600) aircraft at the end of the war.
William P. and Moya Olsen Lear Papers
Abstract William P. “Bill” Lear was a prolific inventor with dozens of patents for a variety of machines to his name but is most famous for his work in the aviation field. Moya Marie Olsen Lear was a philanthropist, businesswoman, and the wife of aviation pioneer Bill Lear. The collection documents Bill Lear's inventions and career in the fields of radio navigation, aircraft design, the 8-track player, and his efforts at a steam-powered turbine. Materials are predominantly affiliated with Lear’s many...
Philip McEleney Jimmie Allen Flying Club Collection
Collection — Folder: 1
Content Description The Philip McEleney Jimmie Allen Flying Club Collection is a small collection consisting of materials from the Jimmie Allen Flying Club collected by McEleney as a child in the 1930s. The collection includes instructions for the Jimmie Allen Flying Club Non-Flying Scale Model Airplane Building Contest; a membership card signed by McEleney; correspondence from the Jimmie Allen Club and a blank sheet of Richfield Eagle letterhead; flight chart blueprints; and 28 issues of 'The Jimmie Allen Club...
Alan Lonsdale Patterson Papers
Overview Alan Lonsdale Patterson worked extensively in the field of aviation from the 1920s to the 1980s. Throughout his career he worked as a barnstormer, pilot and established multiple companies that facilitated the sale of aircraft and aeronautical equipment, predominately between companies based in the United States and China. The collection represents both his professional and personal life through correspondence, photographs, business records, clippings and audiovisual materials, as well as...
Cyrille M. Peabody Boeing Collection
Contents of the Collection The Cyrille M. Peabody Boeing Collection holds original artwork and reference files of Cyrille "Cy" M. Peabody, a Boeing Company employee and designer who worked in various art departments over a 31 1/2 year period in the mid-to-late 20th century. The collection is organized into two series: I. Artwork and II. Reference Files. Series I., Peabody's original art is mostly grouped together within 10 folders (2 boxes), although some individual pieces are found in subject folders. His...
- Subject: blueprints (reprographic copies) X
- Boeing 3
- United States. Navy 3
- United States. Air Force 2
- United States. Army. Air Service 2
- Aero Industries Corporation 1
- Airservices Company Ltd. 1
- Allied Engineering Corporation 1
- Allied International Company 1
- Boeing Company 1
- Boeing Company. Wichita Division 1
- Bristol Aeronautics Corporation 1
- Burnham, Walter E. (Walter Elwood), 1897-1976 1
- Caproni 1
- Caproni, Gianni, 1886-1957 1
- Chennault, Claire Lee, 1893-1958 1
- Chiang, Kai-shek, 1887-1975 1
- China Airmotive Company Fed. Inc. 1
- China National Aviation Corporation 1
- Coandă, Henri, 1886-1972 1
- Consolidated Aircraft Corp 1
- Consolidated Trading Company, Limited 1
- Craig, Raymond P., 1952- 1
- Earhart, Amelia, 1897-1937 1
- Eurasia Aviation Corporation 1
- Fiat 1
- General Airplanes Corporation 1
- Great Britain. Royal Flying Corps 1
- Herlofson, Walter 1
- Hughes, Howard, 1905-1976 1
- Hutton, S. E. 1
- Isotta Fraschini 1
- Lear, Moya Olsen, 1915-2001 1
- Lear, William P. (William Powell), 1902-1978 1
- McEleney, Philip "Jerry", 1926-1984 1
- Nehru, Jawaharlal, 1889-1964 1
- North American Aviation 1
- Pan American World Airways, Inc 1
- Patterson, Alan Lonsdale, 1900-1991 1
- Peabody, Cy (Cyrille M.), Jr., 1931-2015 1
- Pius XII, Pope, 1876-1958 1
- Radke, Charles 1
- Red Aerea Mexicana, S.A. 1
- Republic of China Air Force 1
- Ryan Aeronautical Company 1
- Ryan NYP "Spirit of St Louis" 1
- Saud, Faisal bin Salman 1
- Seversky 1
- Sirikit, Queen, consort of Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand, 1932- 1
- Stearman (1927) 1
- Stine, G. Harry (George Harry), 1928-1997 1
- United Aircraft Corporation 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- Waco Aircraft Company 1
- Waterhouse, W. J. 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request