Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Folder: 1
Content Description The Elmer A. Ball World War II Negatives is a collection of 184 photographic negatives taken by Ball during his service with the U.S. Navy, much of which took place in Guam during the later years of World War II. The negatives are all medium format black-and-white negatives, except for one color transparency. They were not organized in any particular manner.The images depict a variety of people, activities, and buildings in and around Naval Air Station Agana on Guam from roughly...
Collection — Folder: 1
Contents of the Collection The John E. Leach World War II Collection contains a logbook and photographs related to Leach's World War II service in the U.S. Navy. The Aviators Flight Log Book notes Leach's hours logged from flight training to his patrols to various islands in the Pacific theater of World War II. The logbook also contains small photos of aircraft, cards for Leach's naval training certifications, flight equipment record cards, and a requisition form to replace stolen equipment.The...
Contents of the Collection The Fred Woods World War II Collection is comprised of photographic prints, negatives, a photograph album, and a small number of documents that relate to the World War II experience of United States Navy pilot Fred Woods. The collection has been arranged into two series, visual materials and textual materials. Visual materials, which are the bulk of the collection, include 26 loose black-and-white photographic prints and 27 negatives. Sizes vary from 3x5" to 8x10" and very...
Abstract The Paul A. Ludwig Military Aviation Photograph Collection contains 2382 photographic prints and negatives with a very small amount of textual materials collected by Paul A. Ludwig and ranging from the late 1910s through the early 1980s. The bulk and strength of the collection is photographs of World War II-era aircraft and squadrons. The collection is nearly all copy prints from a variety of institutions and dozens of private collections.
- Subject: Curtiss SB2C Helldiver Family X
- United States. Navy 3
- Ball, Elmer Allison, 1923-1990 1
- Great Britain. Royal Air Force 1
- Leach, John Edward, 1923-2015 1
- Los Angeles International Airport 1
- Ludwig, Paul A. 1
- McCook Field (Ohio) 1
- National Archives and Records Administration (U.S.) 1
- National Museum of the United States Air Force 1
- Naval Air Station Pensacola (Fla.) 1
- Ticonderoga (Antisubmarine warfare support aircraft carrier) 1
- Twining, Nathan F. (Nathan Farragut), 1897-1982 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 31st 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 52nd 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Photographic Reconnaissance Group, 7th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Reconnaissance Squadron, 109th 1
- United States. Naval Reserve 1
- Woods, Fred, 1921-1986 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request