Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Archives at The Museum of Flight


Allegheny Airlines

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1952-1979

Historical Note

Founded in 1939 as All American Aviation Company, the company originally flew air mail. In 1949, it changed its name to All American Airways and changed from air mail to regional passenger service. In 1953, the airline became Allegheny Airlines. In 1968, Lake Central Airlines merged into Allegheny, followed by Mohawk Airlines in 1972. In 1979, Allegheny Airlines became USAir and effectively ceased operations as a company, although the name was used until the late 1980s.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Commercial Airlines Collection

 Collection
Identifier: 2018-00-00-23
Abstract The Commercial Airlines Collection is an artificial collection comprised of textual, visual, and audiovisual materials of commercial airlines from around the world, 1910s-2020s.

The Museum of Flight | 9404 E. Marginal Way South | Seattle WA 98108-4097 | 206-764-5874
Contact us with a research request
curator@museumofflight.org