Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Clarence A. Borley (1924-2019) was a U.S. Navy fighter pilot and ace. The collection documents Borley's 36-year military career as a pilot and fighter ace in the U.S. Navy and consists of textual, visual and audiovisual materials and primarily dates from 1942 to 1968, with some later dates and a small amount of personal materials.
Contents of the Collection The collection pertains to pilot John Espy, including World War II and post-war materials. It includes pilot log books, 1941-1955; a "short snorter" dated October 23, 1942, and other foreign currency; membership certificates, and American Airline employment records for Espy. Also included is a CAA airman identify card for Margaret Louise Rowe, whose name appears in one of Espy's pilot logs though the exact connection between the two is unknown. Additional materials include slides from a July...
Overview The Nordhoff and Dunnam Families Collection contains items relating to the World War I and II service of the Nordhoff and Dunnam families.
Overview Robert Lewis Simons was a military and commercial pilot in the mid-twentieth century. The Collection is comprised of materials relating to Simons’ career , including log books, military records, photographs, and films.
- Subject: short snorter X
- United States. Navy 3
- American Airlines 1
- Bellevue Airfield (Wash.) 1
- Dunnam family 1
- Dunnam, James, 1919-1995 1
- Dunnam, Nancy (Nordhoff), 1923- 1
- Espy, John E. 1
- Lewis, Carol (Nicholson) 1
- National Championship Air Races 1
- Nordhoff family 1
- Nordhoff, Arthur Alphonsus, 1895-1984 1
- Nordhoff, Arthur E. 1
- Nordhoff, Thelma (Miller), 1896-1940 1
- Northwest Airlines Corporation 1
- Rowe, Margaret Louise 1
- Simons, Robert L., 1905-1973 1
- Trans World Airlines 1
- United States. Air Force 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Naval Reserve 1
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (U.S.) 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request