Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Box: Film Box 4, Reel: 1-6
Contents of the Collection The Joe Aiken Films are comprised of six films shot, produced, or compiled by Joe Aiken of 20th Century Fox Studio, from approximately 1918-1947. The films contain a mix of newsreel footage, documentary footage of aircraft manufacturing, and flight footage. Three of the films contain footage of World War I flying aces, flying squadrons, World War I-era aircraft, and transatlantic flight attempts. One of the films contains newsreel footage of the attack on Pearl Harbor in World War II and the...
Abstract The collection contains a program for an air show honoring servicemen who died during World War I.
Abstract Norman "Jim" Silas Archibald (1894-1975) of Seattle, Washington served in the U.S. Army Air Service, 95th Aero Squadron during World War I, and later published a bestselling book on his experience. He served again in the Air Force during World War II at home in Seattle. The collection contains correspondence, military documents, photographs, and other materials relating to Archibald's life and military service.
Abstract Harold E. Hartney (1888-1945) rose through the ranks of the Canadian Army to become the Commander of the U.S. Air Service's 27th Aero Squadron in France during World War I. Credited as an ace and recipient of numerous military awards, after the war Hartney went on to train military pilots, advise on air safety, and serve again in World War II. The collection contains photographs, correspondence, clippings, and paper ephemera relating to Hartney's World War and interwar careers, as well as some...
Abstract Wilbur D. Kennedy, 1893-1943, was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and served as a pilot in the 12th Aero Squadron during World War I. Collection contains photographs, correspondence, military records, and other assorted materials relating to his World War I service.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The Peter A. Klover World War I Collection is a small collection consisting of documents and photographs from approximately 1917-1935 related to Klover's service in World War I as an aviation mechanic in the U.S. Army Signal Corps. The documents in the collection include an undated clipping from later in his life detailing his military service and post-war work; a undated form from the U.S. Civil Service Commission for temporary appointment, transfer, reinstatement, or promotion;...
Abstract Marc Aloysius Lagen (1882-1946), originally from Dubuque, Iowa, was a theatrical manager who served as Captain in the Balloon Section of the U.S. Army Air Service during World War I. The collection contains documents, photographs, correspondence, and ephemera relating to his World War I career.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs, military personnel documents, and wartime ephemera related to the Royal Air Force career of Eric G. Peter during and after World War I.
Abstract The collection contains a World War I era scrapbook photograph album assembled by Edward I. Sproull (1897-1956) while in training at Ohio State University and subsequently serving as a pilot with the A.E.F. and the American Squadron of the French Military Air Force in France.
- Subject: Fokker D.VII (V.18) X
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 4
- Aiken, Joe, 1900-1969 (filmmaker) 1
- Archibald, Norman S., 1894-1975 1
- Army Air Forces School of Applied Tactics (Orlando, Fla.) 1
- Canada. Canadian Army. Canadian Expeditionary Force 1
- Curtiss 1
- DeMille Field (Hollywood, Calif.) 1
- Draper, Eben Sumner, Jr. (1893-1959) 1
- Draper, Hazel Archibald, 1891-1973 1
- France. Armée. Aéronautique militaire 1
- Great Britain. Royal Air Force 1
- Great Britain. Royal Flying Corps 1
- Guynemer, Georges, 1894-1917 1
- Hartney, Harold E., Jr. 1
- Hartney, Harold Evans, 1888-1945 1
- Kennedy, Carmelite (Miller) 1
- Kennedy, Wilbur D. 1
- Lagen, Marc Aloysius 1
- National Aeronautic Committee, Los Angeles Branch 1
- National Championship Air Races 1
- Peter, Eric G. 1
- Peter, Grace Helen (Fee) 1
- Sproull, Edward I. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army. Air Service 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 12th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 27th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 95th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Pursuit Group, 1st 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Civil Aeronautics Administration 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Weems, Katharine Lane, 1899- 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request