Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Julius A. Barr had a varied flight career in the 1920s and 1930s, notably spending time as a personal pilot to Chinese military figures and later working as a Boeing test pilot. The collection includes 5 albums with more than 1,600 photographs and 11 films that document his personal life and career.
Abstract The William Hough “Bill” Cook, Jr. Papers are comprised of documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, and memorabilia pertaining to the life and work of Bill Cook, Jr. A significant portion of this collection is made up of correspondence, both personal and professional. Major topics include the Boeing high speed wind tunnel, the B-29, B-47, and B-17 bombers, the development of the YC-14 short takeoff and landing (STOL) aircraft, and research on supersonic transport.
Contents of the Collection The Donald B. Croly Boeing Concept Art Collection holds 39 pieces of concept art created by Croly, circa 1940s-1970s, during his time as an artist at the Boeing Company. Most are original gouache paintings, although there are three pen and ink and graphite drawings and two photographic reproduction posters. Scenes primarily depict aircraft in a variety of settings, including in flight, parked at terminals and engaged in U.S. Air Force military operations. A small number feature...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Contents of the Collection The Floyd R. Daniel Boeing Collection is comprised of materials relating to Daniel’s 26-year career as photographer and videographer at the Boeing Company. The collection primarily consists of photographic materials and assorted documents relating to Daniel’s career, as well as seven films, all ranging from the late 1920s to early 1960s.The photographs, which are comprised of 95 black-and-white prints, nine color prints, 22 negatives, and three transparencies, consist of official...
Collection — Box: Film Box 6, Reel: 1
Contents of the Collection The Harry R. Mankins Film Collection is a small collection containing one film reel from circa 1930s-1940s of various military aircraft and airliners flying around the Seattle, Washington area. Aircraft pictured include the Boeing XB-15, XB-17, 247, and 314 Clipper prototype; Consolidated PBY Catalina flying boats; and a United Airlines Douglas DC-3 "Mainliner" aircraft. Passengers, flight attendants, and flight and ground crew are featured in a few shots. Other scenes include a brief aerial...
Collection — Folder: 1
Contents of the Collection The Alan Nielsen Isometric Aircraft Drawings is a smalll collection comprised of 32 isometric drawings by Alan Nielsen of 21 different aircraft, done from 1993 to 2008. All of the drawings are on 8.5x11" sheets of paper with the drawing on one side and background information about the aircraft on the verso.
Contents of the Collection The Cyrille M. Peabody Boeing Collection holds original artwork and reference files of Cyrille "Cy" M. Peabody, a Boeing Company employee and designer who worked in various art departments over a 31 1/2 year period in the mid-to-late 20th century. The collection is organized into two series: I. Artwork and II. Reference Files. Series I., Peabody's original art is mostly grouped together within 10 folders (2 boxes), although some individual pieces are found in subject folders. His...
Abstract Steve A. Stimpson was a manager for Boeing Air Transport in the 1920s-1930s. The collection contains one hundred and fifty-two (152) black-and-white photographs in an unbound photograph album documenting early United Airlines history.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Contents of the Collection The Charles Zweigart Aviation Postcard Collection is comprised of approximately 5,000 postcards collected by Zweigart from 1941 to the early 2000s. Most of the postcards are related to commercial aviation aircraft, but some feature airports. A small amount of postcards have been used but the bulk of them are pristine and have never been posted and have no personalization.The collection was originally housed in twenty-six (26) three ring binders but were removed for preservation....
- Subject: Boeing Model 247 X
- Boeing 4
- United Airlines 3
- United States. Air Force 3
- Beall, Wellwood Edmeston, 1906-1978 2
- Boeing Company 2
- Boeing, William Edward, 1881-1956 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Allen, Edmund Turney, 1896-1943 1
- Associated Women Pilots of Boeing Field 1
- Barr, Effie Hortense, 1904-1985 1
- Barr, Gene Edward, 1933- 1
- Barr, JoAnn, 1930- 1
- Barr, Julius A., 1905-1939 1
- Boeing Air Transport 1
- Chiang, Kai-shek, 1887-1975 1
- Church, Ellen, 1904-1965 1
- Consolidated Aircraft Corp 1
- Continental Airlines 1
- Cook, William Hough, Jr., 1913-2012 1
- Croly, Donald B., 1913-2012 1
- Daniel, Floyd R., 1919-2008 1
- Douglas 1
- Goodmanson, Lloyd 1
- Hennings, Tandy Cook 1
- King County International Airport 1
- Lunar Orbiter (Artificial satellite) 1
- Mankins, Harry R. 1
- Martin, George C., 1910-2003 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1
- Merrill, Mildred E. (Filz), 1898-1980 1
- Minshall, Robert J. 1
- Nielsen, Alan W. 1
- Pacific Air Transport 1
- Pan American World Airways, Inc 1
- Peabody, Cy (Cyrille M.), Jr., 1931-2015 1
- Reed, A.C. 1
- Riddle, Mary, 1902-1981 1
- Russell, John H. 1
- Schairer, George Swift, 1913-2004 1
- Showalter, N.D. (Noah David), 1925-2012 1
- Sterling, Cora 1
- Stimpson, Steve A. 1
- Stoner, George H., -1971 1
- Texaco, Inc. 1
- Townsend, Guy M., 1920-2011 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Squadron, 39th 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1
- Varney Air Lines 1
- Wells, Edward C., 1910-1986 1
- West, Harry 1
- Wilson, T. A. (Thornton Arnold), 1921-1999 1
- Zhang, Xueliang, 1901-2001 1
- Zweigart, Charles 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request