Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Archives at The Museum of Flight


American Overseas Airlines (1945-1950)

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1937-1950

Historical Note

American Overseas Airlines (AOA) began in 1937 as American Export Airlines. It was a subsidiary of shipping company American Export Lines with headquarters in New York City. In 1945, the name was changed to American Overseas Airlines. The airline effectively ceased to exist when it merged into Pan American Airways in 1950.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Commercial Airlines Collection

 Collection
Identifier: 2018-00-00-23
Abstract The Commercial Airlines Collection is an artificial collection comprised of textual, visual, and audiovisual materials of commercial airlines from around the world, 1910s-2020s.

The Museum of Flight | 9404 E. Marginal Way South | Seattle WA 98108-4097 | 206-764-5874
Contact us with a research request
curator@museumofflight.org