Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Clarence A. Borley (1924-2019) was a U.S. Navy fighter pilot and ace. The collection documents Borley's 36-year military career as a pilot and fighter ace in the U.S. Navy and consists of textual, visual and audiovisual materials and primarily dates from 1942 to 1968, with some later dates and a small amount of personal materials.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The Joseph K. Boy World War II Ephemera Collection is a small collection of printed materials collected by Boy during his service in World War II. Boy served with Co. B, 1st Medical Squadron, 1st Cavalry, as a grade T/4 Medical Technician. He served in the Bismarck Archipelago, New Guinea and Luzon, Philippines. He most likely collected the materials during his time in those locations.The collection includes ten examples of Japanese invasion money, paper bills printed by the...
Abstract Ray (1894-1969) and Leonard (1888-1971) Grimshaw were brothers who served as mechanics during World War I. The collection contains correspondence, military documents, photographs, clippings, newspapers, a diary, and booklets primarily relating to the military service of Ray M. Grimshaw but also includes a small selection of correspondence from his brother, Leonard.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Contents of the Collection The Carroll H. Nevermann World War II Collection is comprised of textual materials relating to the 1941-1945 military service of 2nd Lieutentant Nevermann, a pilot in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. It includes Nevermann's "Pilot Qualifications Log," 1941-1945; military records, such as Nevermann's flight records for 1944-1945, training reports and certifications, and checklists; and printed ephemera, including paper money from China and customs declaration...
Abstract Sidney Van Wyck Peters of Seattle, Washington served with the U.S. Army Air Service, 24th Aero Squadron during World War I. The collection contains a scrapbook album containing photographs and paper ephemera related to his service overseas.
Contents of the Collection the Charles Ashby Shoop World War II Collection contains textual and visual materials related to the World War II and post-war military service of Charles Ashby Shoop, a liaison pilot with the United States Army 104th Infantry Division. The bulk of the textual materials is Shoop’s 1942-1945 World War II and 1946-1960 post-war Reserve military service records, which include orders and assignments, promotion recommendations, memorandums and correspondence, and receipts and shipping...
Abstract The collection contains a World War I era scrapbook photograph album assembled by Edward I. Sproull (1897-1956) while in training at Ohio State University and subsequently serving as a pilot with the A.E.F. and the American Squadron of the French Military Air Force in France.
Abstract Lt. Col. James C. Stewart (1919-2004) was born in Corona, California. He joined the Army Air Force, graduated from flying school in August 1940, and was assigned to the 56th Fighter Group which was stationed in England during World War II. The collection primarily covers Lt. Col. Stewart's 1943-1966 military service with military records, personal documents, photographs, clippings, assorted ephemera, and films.
- Subject: Paper money X
- Kelly Field (Tex.) 2
- United States. Army Air Forces 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- American Fighter Aces Association 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Auton, Jesse D. 1
- Boy, Joseph Kelly, 1907-1978 1
- Comstock, Harold E. 1
- Conger, Paul A. 1
- Doolittle, James Harold, 1896-1993 1
- Farnborough International Airshow 1
- Fort Sill (Okla.) 1
- Grand Central Air Terminal (Glendale, Calif.) 1
- Great Britain. Women's Auxiliary Air Force 1
- Grimshaw, Leonard H. 1
- Grimshaw, Ray M. 1
- Langley Field (Va.) 1
- Nevermann, Carroll H. 1
- Peters, Sidney Van Wyck, Sr., d. 1973 1
- Rickenbacker, Eddie, 1890-1973 1
- Schilling, David C., 1918-1956 1
- Shoop, Charles Ashby, 1914-1966 1
- Shoop, Margaret Blanche (Etzenhouser), 1914-1987 1
- Shoop, Raymond J. 1
- Spaatz, Carl, 1891-1974 1
- Sproull, Edward I. 1
- Stewart, James Clarence, 1919-2004 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Command, 8th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 56th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 61st 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 62nd 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 63rd 1
- United States. Army. Air Service 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 24th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 95th 1
- United States. Army. Forces in China-Burma-India Theater 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 104th 1
- United States. Naval Reserve 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Zemke, Hub, 1914- 1 ∧ less
Contact us with a research request